Toronto Arts Foundation (TAF) is committed to celebrating Toronto’s artists as they build and create the cultural history of our great city. Through TAF’s awards portfolio, we have celebrated some of Toronto’s most exciting emerging and iconic artists; individuals whose artistic achievements have played an integral role in helping Toronto become the vibrant, creative city that it is.
Every year, TAF welcomes the entire spectrum of Toronto’s creative community to celebrate its artists as part of The Mayor’s Arts Awards Lunch, an elegant and outstanding event that welcomes artists of all disciplines, business and civic leaders, as well as special guests and celebrities.
Over the course of the lunch’s history, we have welcomed leading Toronto personalities to host the event, including Jian Ghomeshi, celebrated novelist, playwright and actor, Ann-Marie MacDonald and this year's host Sandra Laronde. The Mayor's Arts Awards Lunch has also welcomed a number of special guests, including:
•John Tory, Chair, Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance
- Kevin Garland, Executive Director, National Ballet of Canada
- Jim Fleck, Philanthropist and Chair, Business for the Arts
- Maureen Hynes, Winner of the Gerald Lampert Award for best first book of poetry in Canada and the Petra Kenney Poetry Award
- Cameron Bailey, Co-Director, TIFF
- Matt Galloway, CBC Radio Host
- Michael Thompson, Councillor, Chair, Economic Development and Culture, City of Toronto
Toronto Arts Foundation is committed to celebrating Toronto’s artistic excellence and we cannot do it without the support of our incredible sponsors.
For more information on sponsorship opportunities please contact Jason Maghanoy, Manager Community Investment at email@example.com
A very special thank you to the sponsors of the 2012 Mayor's Arts Awards Lunch